Guideline for Visa On Arrival
Who are eligible?
- Visitors from countries in which Bangladesh has no Embassy/Consulate, and from those countries which issue Landing Permit (LP) or Visa on Arrival (VOA) to travellers from Bangladesh, will qualify for the same at the Hazrat Shahjalal International airport, Dhaka.
- Visitors travelling from a third country (other than home country) which has no Bangladesh Embassy/Consulate may obtain Visa on Arrival.
- Business/Trade officials (Letter of invitation from the concerned business body/chamber), Potential investors (Recommendation letter from BOI/BEPZA/ concerned Bangladesh Authority), Tourists (Hotel reservation and return air ticket), Members of defense and security forces (with prior clearance from the Ministry of Home Affairs of the Government of Bangladesh) of the following countries are eligible for Visa on Arrival in Bangladesh: USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Russian Federation, China, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, South Korea, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Oman, Bahrain, Egypt, Turkey, Brunei, all European Countries.
- Spouse and children of Bangladeshi origin foreign citizens (at the port of entry, such VOA seekers must submit proof of Bangladeshi origin e.g., citizenship certificate, current/expired Bangladesh passport)
- Officers/staff of the foreign Embassies, UN and subsidiary organizations located in Bangladesh (VOA seekers must submit their appointment letters and other related travel documents).
- Foreign investors, exporter and the people attending seminar or symposium organized by the government of Bangladesh will also be eligible for VOA (VOA seekers must produce valid documents from concerned authorities such as BOI, BEPZA, BGMEA, FBCCI and concerned Ministries of the Government).
- Citizens from eligible countries for VOA intend to visit Bangladesh as tourist must present their return air tickets, hotel bookings/personal invitation.
- The immigration officer at the port of entry (i.e. airports, land ports etc.) will approve VOA after examining all relevant documents and after his/her full satisfaction.
- Same port for entry and departure
- Visa Duration: Maximum 30 days, single entry
- Visa fee: 50 USD or equivalent British pound/Euro
- VOA seekers must check the following prior to departure for Bangladesh:
- Fees to be paid at the port of entry in cash in USD/Euro/Pound Sterling
- Minimum USD 500 in cash or in credit card (Except those on government duty)
- Return ticket for short time stay
- Valid passports (Holders of Certificate/Laissiez-passer issued by the United Nations and its Specilalized Agencies and Continuous Discharge Certificate/Nullies/Seaman book (when traveling on duty) are exempted from this.